Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Partner-Life Partner


“A man's sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions.... He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement.” 
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Well its not only true for Bedmates but applicable also with respect to friends we have.A man is judged by the Company he keeps,So True.Friends are the only relation which We human are not imposed by virtue of birth unlike other relations.Its that whatever friends he/she has is by choice not by any accident or by fate!
Even when it comes to choosing Partners its Actually worth pondering over.I mean the kind of person one chooses to spend the entire life.In India the concept is a bit different,Most of us end up going for Arranged match..Having a certain checklist and the requirement gets fulfilled eventually.
For a girl like me say 25year old B.Tech graduate, a standard checklist would include a decent software engineer B.e/B.Tech guy preferably from same hometown and yes theres a criteria of education too...preferably IIT/IIM/IIIT's and NIT's ..Funny and nothing new,not to forget same caste and same family background a bit of this and a bit of that...
That explains the popularity of various Matrimonial sites too!
Well I am not bragging that I am a different kind altogether that I donot believe in Traditions and all but yes a thing which I am quite sure is that Never ever in My Life I would just toss my life simply to somebody who matches the pre-requisites standards set by my Parents.
Its not that I donot love them,It neither that I donot have any attachment with my family ,Its simply that I refuse to let a meeting of 10minutes decide that He is the one for me...I still believe in my dreams and moreover a Love which is eternal..A love which wont be just a mere feeling  but assertion of one's value being reflected in others thought! that perfect Person out there for me who reflects the same sentiments/echoes back the same Morals and yeah a very much part of "I" brigade,an objective and a rational mind in search for the same!
Anyway Infact it becomes all the easy when I see different people's partners choice,Being in HR has taught me few things and that includes a sharp insight into people's behavior and aptitude.It helps while interviewing the candidates and Even when it comes to friends and Volunteering or conducting workshops It makes me reach out to maximum number of people making me a popular as a friend and as a colleague !

4 comments:

  1. You have picked up the quote of my favorite author and the one which I do believe in..reminds me of Howard Roark and John Galt..the amazing male characters created by Ayn...

    Love is important...but as with anything in life, you got to take your chances and risks...to really find what you are looking for :)

    http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayn Rand happens to be my fav too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Fair, Ayn Rand is the showstopper here ...AS again tried hard not to stop, but I guess .. AShrggd is my krypton ...
    Personally, "this" lacks conviction, about your take on your Life partner ...
    That's untrue of you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. for me love n life partner r destiny..working on making it perfect for ourselves is our only option!!

    ReplyDelete